Recipe.com shares some of the sweetest recipes! Check out this Orange Pound Cake below – We love being inspired by other’s recipes.
Orange Pound Cake
Try Recipe.com‘s own orange pound cake!
1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fresh orange juice (from 3 oranges)
- Drizzle Topping
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice plus 1 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 10-inch tube pan. Tap out excess flour.
- Beat butter in bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy, scraping down bowl. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in extract and rind.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture on medium speed, alternating with orange juice. Beat 2 minutes, scraping down bowl occasionally, until thick and creamy. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. Lower heat to 300 F. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes; turn cake out on rack; cool completely.
- To make drizzle topping, in a bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and thinned juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let dry before slicing and serving.
- Tip: Line cake pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking and for easier cleanup.